When you’re in a successful relationship, you probably tell your partner “I love you”, at least 365 times a year. But on February 14th there comes a day when you can pull all the stops out, and declare your love for your significant other half in as many different and unusual ways as possible. There are plenty of tried and tested ways to show your wife or girlfriends that you love them, flowers, chocolates and jewellery, but you don’t have to stop there. Try some creative Valentine’s gift ideas that won’t break the bank. They’ll take up a bit of your time, but surely there’s nothing wrong with that. Investing your time will make the event extra special, and all the more memorable.
Recommended Valentine’s Gift Ideas
Gold-Dipped Poker Cards
- A playable deck of poker cards dipped in 24 karat gold.
- Presented in an elegant high quality case made from cherry-wood.
- The deck is produced to tournament grade standards.
- Price: $199
Gold-Dipped Natural Rose
- It perfectly combines the beauty of a natural rose and the majesty of fine 24K gold.
- Presented in an exquisite leather case.
- It comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- Price: $169.00
An elegant matching set
- Crafted from genuine blue miniature rose petals and pure 24 karat gold.
- Decorated with 30 brilliant synthetic diamonds.
- Fast dispatch and express delivery for free.
- Price: $149
Creative Valentine’s Ideas for Her
Be a little bit daring and unconventional, because it’s much better to have tried something new and misfired, than to have done nothing at all. Trying new experiences is a great way to keep the fire of love burning – not making the effort will only allow the flames to go out.
Here’s a few creative Valentine’s ideas to inspire you:
- Fruit carving has become a bit of a YouTube sensation – try it yourself by carving I love you into a melon. Leave it on the top shelf of your refrigerator, and she should get the message.
- Buy some new white bed sheets, and sticky backed felt letters. Make the bed and find the right message to stick on the top of the sheets. How about “When I wake up next to you, it still feels like I’m dreaming – I Love You”.
- Carve a large bar of pink soap into the shape of a heart, and leave it in the shower along with a note to express your affection.
- Buy a washable marker pen and leave her some sweet messages on the window of her car, the kitchen, bedroom, in fact anywhere you know will get her attention. “I love you” will do of course, but bet you can up with something more imaginative and original.
- Blow up a white balloon and using a marker pen, write your message and then place it in her closet or one of the kitchen cupboards. When she opens the door, out will pop your message of love.
- How about a twist on the breakfast omelette? Or a change from the usual pancakes? Write your message on the top of the omelette using strips of red pepper, or chocolate sauce for the pancakes.
- Buy yourself a custom made, temporary tattoo, with her name in it, and wear it on your forearm or the back of your hand for the day.
If you think these creative Valentine’s ideas for her are a bit cliched then you’re absolutely right – they’re actually supposed to be. If it’s not really corny, then it’s likely not romantic enough, so don’t be a big baby about it. Drop all your pretences and lay yourself open – this will speak volumes, and be more than appreciated.
Creative Valentine’s Ideas for Him
When it comes to expressions of love, it’s just as important for a women to tell the man in her life, exactly how she feels about him. Here’s a few creative ideas for your next Valentine’s gift for him.
- Put together a romantic movie basket – find a DVD of his favourite movie, a couple of small bottles of champagne, and some tasty candy. Turn the lights off and snuggle down together. If you have an open fire in your home, why not include marshmallows and a couple of twigs, so you can toast them on the fire?
- Love coupons – make up a series of Valentine’s coupons, that he can use throughout the year. It’s up to you how naughty you make them, but make sure he’ll be keen to cash them in!
- Make him a cute beer carrier – wrap a cardboard case with some red scrapbook paper, and stick it with double sided sticky tape. Fold another piece of card into a handle, and cut out an opening. Add a few embellishments such as ribbon and card hearts.
- Make him a scrapbook – put together some of the memorable moments you’ve enjoyed so far. It could be a collections of images, copies of the emails you sent to each other when dating, wedding momentos, love poems, pretty much whatever you want.
- Decorate the bedroom – nip down to the dollar store, and pick up as many decorations as you can carry. Hanging lanterns, hearts, streamers, ribbons and lots of heart shaped balloons. Drag out the Christmas lights and trim up the bed. This Valentine’s night you’ll have your own little wonderland – you might like it so much it stays up for weeks.
Make your own chocolates. Why not give this peanut butter truffle recipe a try?
- 135g smooth peanut butter
- 20g unsalted butter
- 70g icing sugar
- large pinch sea salt flakes
- 200g milk chocolate
- 30g honey roasted peanuts, chopped into small piece
In a microwaveable bowl, melt the butter and soften the peanut butter. Add the icing sugar and salt and stir until well combined. Using a teaspoon, roll the mixture into small balls, or you could even make them heart-shaped. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment and chill for 15 minutes.
While the shapes are chilling, melt half the chocolate, and then set to one side and allow to cool slightly. Using a fork to keep hold of the shapes, cover them in the melted chocolate, and then leave them to chill.
Melt the remaining chocolate and use it to add another layer to the truffles. Put to one side to allow to chill, after sprinkling the shaped with chopped peanuts.
Hey presto, there you have it. Your very own chocolate truffle delight. Now all you need to do is wrap attractively, and sit back and watch while he tucks in.